Wakatobi 2022 Snorkeling Trip
Terms and Conditions
Welcome! You are a highly valued customer and we look forward to hosting you as a guest. This page is designed to make you fully aware of the terms, conditions and policies governing your participation on our Snorkeling Report x Wakatobi trip, so that you may enjoy a safe and fulfilling trip. It is also a legal document that requires your careful attention. By paying your deposit to book a trip, a contractual relationship is established between you and Planet Snorkeling Inc, in which all Planet Snorkeling Inc terms & conditions apply.
By making an initial deposit, you and the participants in your group are indicating your acceptance of these terms, conditions & policies found herein. The policies described herein, in combination with your completed, dated and signed Registration Form(s) along with your invoice and other applicable documents mentioned below, constitute the entire and mutual Agreement which governs the relationship between Planet Snorkeling Inc, a Florida, USA Corporation located at 470 South Cochan Rd, Geneva, FL 32732, registered with the State of Florida as a Seller of Travel Registration No. ST43030, hereinafter referred to as “Planet Snorkeling” and you, hereinafter referred to as the “customer” or “participant”.
90 days or more prior to Departure:
- A non-refundable deposit of $750 USD per person is due at time of booking.
- Final non-refundable payment is due 90 days prior to departure.
Less than 90 days prior to Departure:
- Full non-refundable payment is due at time of booking.
Failure to comply with any of the above requirements entitles Planet Snorkeling to cancel the booking and withhold return of all payments received. The payment of the deposit or of any payment for a reservation, and the submission of the Registration Form, shall constitute consent to all the provisions contained herein. With this, the participant understands and accepts all provisions without restriction, including their consequences, contained in Planet Snorkeling’s Terms and Conditions.
Bookings can be transferred as long as it is within the first 60 days after the booking has been confirmed, the invoice is not paid in full and a letter from the participant(s) requesting such change is received.
Cancellation and Refund Policies
The following cancellation fees will be applied to the customer according to the number of days prior to departure that Planet Snorkeling receives written notice of cancellation from the customer. All cancellations must be made in writing and should be sent via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 90 days or more prior to departure: Deposit will be forfeited
- Less than 90 days prior to departure: 100% of total invoiced amount will be forfeited
Upon cancellation, the participant releases the canceled bungalow and seat on charter flights from Bali to Wakatobi and all rights over it to Planet Snorkeling.
Planet Snorkeling strongly recommends all participants to purchase travel cancellation and interruption insurance as protection against an unforeseen event which may force them to cancel their booking before departure or leave a tour while it is in progress.
Planet Snorkeling publishes its trip prices as per person, based on double occupancy, unless otherwise indicated. All prices are in US Dollars. All prices are subject to change without notice. Planet Snorkeling’s most recent pricing can be found on Snorkeling Report’s website.
Single travelers are required to pay a single supplement surcharge to ensure that they have their own unshared room. Single accommodations are not available on all departures at the discretion of Planet Snorkeling.
Entry, Visa & Vaccination Requirements
Foreign nationals from countries that are included in the 169 Visa-Free Country List are entitled to visa exemption for entering Indonesia and are granted a 30-day stay. Indonesian authorities requires a passport valid for at least six months from the date of arrival in Indonesia to enter the country, with two blank pages, as well as a return or continuation ticket.
It is the customer’s responsibility to verify entry requirements with the corresponding consulate/embassy/state department to ensure that the passport, health (vaccinations, insurance, etc.) and other travel documents meet the entry requirements for all destinations included on the itinerary. Failure to do so could result in denial of entry into a country.
Inability to Perform
Planet Snorkeling shall not be liable for debacle or inability to perform its tours by reasons of strikes or industrial action, war, riot, acts of terrorism, civil commission, inability to obtain supplies or loss and other circumstances beyond its control. Planet Snorkeling may, due to circumstances of force majeure, or unexpected events, vary the time of day of the departures of its trips, or alter its tour programs without advance notice for the above mentioned reasons. These reasons include, but are not limited to: changing weather and the forces of nature, the safety of its customers, the discretion, rules, regulations and legislation of the local authorities and technical reasons. Under the aforementioned conditions Planet Snorkeling is under no obligation whatsoever to provide substitution, replacement of services or refunds to the customer so affected.
Planet Snorkeling is not responsible for any expenses incurred by the participant in preparing for the trip, including non-refundable or penalty- carrying airline tickets, special clothing, visa or passport fees or other voyage related expenses. All participants are required to reach by their own means Denpasar Ngurah Rai International Airport (DPS) on the 16th of October, 2022. A tight time-schedule connection with the charter flight from Bali to Wakatobi is highly discouraged. In no case Planet Snorkeling is responsible for any expense or penalty incurred by the participant deriving from a change in the ending date of the tour.
Planet Snorkeling shall not be responsible for property loss or damage and/or any damages resulting from illness, personal injuries, emotional trauma or death that may be sustained by reason of force majeure which may include but are not limited to forces of nature, the unpredictable behavior of wild animals, consumption of alcoholic beverages, physical exertion, acts of war, terrorism, insurrection, revolt or other civil or military uprising, pandemic and epidemic events, amongst others, occurring in the countries of origin, transit or in Indonesia.
Planet Snorkeling acts only as agent on behalf of complimentary services from transport companies, airlines, hotels, and other suppliers that are included in the tour, and as such Planet Snorkeling will exercise every possible care.
Any agreement or contract entered directly by and between the participant and any third party contractor shall be exclusively between such parties and as such, Planet Snorkeling is relieved and held harmless from any refunds due to any missed part(s) of the itinerary and damages whether financial, personal or to property resulting from such contractual obligations.
Planet Snorkeling strongly urges participants to purchase insurance that adequately covers all eventualities. Trip cancellation or interruption coverage or Cancel For Any Reason (CFAR) travel insurance should cover tour cancellation for reasons of force majeure including but not limited to weather conditions, government actions, war, riots, acts of God, mechanical breakdown, pandemic and epidemic events, amongst others or accidental damage to means of transportation and other circumstances beyond its control.
These policies insure the customer against paying out-of-pocket for non-refundable expenses of a tour in the form of cancellation fees should the customer have to either cancel or miss part of a tour due to reasons covered in the policy, which typically include illness, injury and flight delay. Planet Snorkeling shall not be liable for debacle or inability to perform its tours by reason of force majeure. Under the aforementioned conditions Planet Snorkeling is under no obligation whatsoever to provide substitution, replacement of services or refunds to the participants so affected.
On the very rare occasion that Planet Snorkeling deems it necessary to cancel tour and is not able to arrive at any suitable substitution options, it reserves the right to cancel the tour in total and offer the affected customer the following options:
- A replacement trip to be offered at a later date. Expenses beyond the original booked services and/or any items not expressly covered in the original services, such as use of additional hotel services, are the sole responsibility of the customer and not of Planet Snorkeling. The customer agrees not to commit to any third-party penalties, fees or additional costs that will be included as part of the substitution request without the prior consent of Snorkeling Report.
- A refund of the full net amount Planet Snorkeling was paid for the tour by the customer, including the cost of changing the affected participant’s international air tickets only if for a future tour, depending on the rules governing the ticket and subject to proof of cost of change. The customer agrees not to commit to any third-party penalties, fees or additional costs that will be included as part of the refund request without the prior consent of Planet Snorkeling. In all the above mentioned cases in which Planet Snorkeling pays a refund, either in total or pro rata, its responsibility will be limited to the net amount it was paid by the customer for the tour.
- For reasons of force majeure as defined previously, Planet Snorkeling reserves the right to pay any approved refunds between 180 to 360 days after the date of approval of the refund.
- In the case of a medical problem arising during the tour, including those related to pre-existing conditions, which results in costs for evacuation or repatriation, the responsibility for payment of these costs belongs solely to the participant. Planet Snorkeling requires that such eventualities are covered by travel insurance. If not covered by travel insurance, the responsibility to pay this cost still remains with the participant and Planet Snorkeling specifically declines any responsibility whatsoever.
Photography and Video
Participants extend Planet Snorkeling permission to take their photograph and video during the voyage and authorize Planet Snorkeling to make use of such photographs and video for promotional and to illustrate the trips organized by the company. Participants who do not wish to be photographed or videotaped during the trip must inform Planet Snorkeling in writing, prior to the trip. Planet Snorkeling will not be held responsible for the usage of photographs and/or videos taken by third parties during the tour.
These tours are intended for proficient swimmers/snorkelers, in reasonably good health, and able to snorkel unassisted. By forwarding the deposit the participant certifies that he/she does not have any physical or mental conditions or other condition or disability that may create a hazard to himself/herself or other participants.
By submitting the Registration Form to Planet Snorkeling, the participant:
- Declares under his/her sole and unique responsibility that the information contained in the form is true, complete, and updated to the time of travel and that he/she is fit and fully able to participate in the voyage, is able to take care of himself/herself during the voyage and will not be an obstacle for the enjoyment of the trip for all other participants;
- Accepts that the trip will take him/her to relatively remote areas without sophisticated medical facilities, supplies or access to emergency care, and that an emergency evacuation may be delayed;
- Undertakes to ensure that for the duration of the tour, including possible delays, he/she will carry any and all necessary medications, and in sufficient quantity, to prevent, counter, or remedy any effects on his/ her health that could be caused by his/her medical condition;
- Understands that snorkeling in Wakatobi National Marine Park will involve frequent transfers ashore or to open water snorkeling sites, requiring some physical effort and balance;
- Acknowledges that the enjoyment and excitement derived from this trip comes in part from the inherent risks incurred when traveling including exposure to snorkeling and the other activities offered during a tour such as, but not limited to, swimming, kayaking, paddle boarding and hiking, which are all enjoyed with the customers voluntary participation;
- Understands and accepts that he/she is responsible for their own welfare, and accept any and all risks of delay, unanticipated events, death, illness, injury or emotional trauma and acknowledge that they are voluntarily participating on the tour and its activities in full knowledge of these risks and therefore discharges Planet Snorkeling and its owners from and against any and all liability arising from their participation in the tour;
- Understands and accepts that Planet Snorkeling and its providers cannot, and will not, be held responsible or liable for any possible consequences resulting from his/her health condition during or after the program, and specifically for any food, beverage, ingredient, or any other substance that could cause a direct or indirect allergic reaction;
- Understands and accepts to inform Planet Snorkeling, at the earliest convenience (in the specified area of the Registration Form), of any special dietary needs;
- Understands and accepts that Planet Snorkeling shall not be responsible for refunds, cashbacks, credit card claims, property loss or damage and/or any damages resulting from illness, personal injuries, emotional trauma or death that may be sustained by reason of force majeure which may include but are not limited to forces of nature, the unpredictable behavior of wild animals, consumption of alcoholic beverages, physical exertion, acts of war, terrorism, insurrection, revolt or other civil or military uprising, pandemic and epidemic events, amongst others, occurring in the countries of origin, transit, or in Indonesia;
- Accepts that Planet Snorkeling reserves the right to request additional information regarding his/her health and physical suitability to participate in a voyage.
Regardless of the above, Planet Snorkeling reserves the right to exclude, deny or remove a participant from all or part of the tour, should the participant be considered by Planet Snorkeling or any responsible party to be physically or mentally unable to participate safely or is considered a threat or hazard to himself or others. Should a customer’s participation in a tour be justifiably declined by Planet Snorkeling the participant will forfeit all funds paid without recourse to substitution or refund and bear any cost associated with leaving the tour, and this will be the limit of Planet Snorkeling’s liability. Planet Snorkeling shall not be liable for any special or consequential damages, whether known or unknown, under any circumstances whatsoever. Planet Snorkeling’s decision to decline a customer’s participation in any tour shall be taken in its sole and absolute discretion.
Planet Snorkeling and Wakatobi Resort’s teams will do their utmost to ensure that any problems are solved for the benefit of the group and the voyage as a whole.
The participant accept Planet Snorkeling’s authority to make decisions affecting the group. For instance, an individual may be denied participation in a tour, or his/her participation in certain activities may be denied or restricted, if that individual’s health is at risk, an illegal act is committed, or his/her behavior becomes detrimental to the safety, enjoyment or wellbeing of the group. Should Planet Snorkeling take such action, that person would not be entitled to any refund whatsoever. If the disturbing behavior or damage (as described above) should occur, all costs resulting from this shall be charged to the participant.
The participant accepts and acknowledges that he/she will participate in a tour that involves other participants and that each participant has the right to enjoy the tour safely and without any negative impact from other participants.
The participant agrees to support and not be a detriment to the wellbeing and enjoyment of the tour by the group.
The participant’s baggage, including all his/her belongings, is under his/her sole and exclusive care and responsibility. The participant accepts that Planet Snorkeling shall have no liability for loss or damage howsoever caused, even if by the negligence of the company. Planet Snorkeling strongly recommends to participants to obtain insurance for all baggage and other personal property.
Gratuities to recognize excellent service are a personal matter and are entirely at the discretion of the participant.
Lost, Stolen or Damaged
All bungalows at Wakatobi Resort have safety boxes for your personal use. We recommend that any documents, cash, jewelry or fragile items be safely secured. Planet Snorkeling will not be liable for any lost, stolen or damaged items during your stay. We strongly recommend all guests to purchase insurance to cover loss or damaged items.
Use of Personal Equipment
Planet Snorkeling does not allow the use of motorized or naturally powered equipment by participants during its trips. This includes the use of drones, radio-controlled surface and underwater vehicles, kites, and all types of equipment that could result in contamination of the Wakatobi National Marine Park environment or harm to its wildlife.
All participants must comply with Wakatobi National Marine Park conservation rules, and acknowledge that fishing, damaging coral, feeding/harassing/touching wildlife, and collecting natural objects (both dead or alive) are strictly prohibited.
Use of Personal Data
Participants’ personal data collected by Planet Snorkeling are used exclusively to provide the services of the tour booked, and to manage the participant’s security, safety, and wellbeing during the tour. As necessary, data will be shared with third party service providers, such as transportation, accommodation, and insurance providers, who collaborate with Planet Snorkeling on the delivery of the tour. Data will also be shared with authorities as required by law, regulation, or court orders.
Dispute Settlement, Law, Arbitration, Jurisdiction and Attorney Fees
The Parties agree to settle any dispute arising between them first and foremost in an amicable manner. In the event of failure to effectuate an amicable settlement, the Parties agree to submit all disputes to the American Arbitration Association (AAA) whose jurisdiction and venue for the arbitration proceeding will be in Miami, Florida, United States and as such the Parties renounce any alternative venues and jurisdictions. Resolution of the dispute will be governed by the laws of the state of Florida, and the maximum recoverable amount to which the customer will be entitled under any and all circumstances will be the net cost of their trip paid to Planet Snorkeling.
If, under a dispute against Planet Snorkeling, the participant is found to have been negligent, said participant will be responsible for covering all legal costs associated with the dispute for both his/her expenses as well as for those incurred by Planet Snorkeling.
If you have any questions or observations on the above Terms & Conditions, please contact us.